Join our Board
MCHC’s success would not be possible without the time and talents of our Board of Directors and Committee Members. As a community-serving organization, we want to ensure that we represent the diversity of our community at all levels of the organization, including leadership. Serving as a Board Member or on a committee at MCHC is a great way to channel your skills and passion into a cause that makes healthy beginnings and bright futures possible for so many. If you are passionate about supporting children and families in need and excited to help MCHC achieve its big-picture goals, joining the Board or a committee might be for you!
Board Member Terms. Board Members serve a term of one year and may be re-elected for a total of three terms, and hold office during the given term until their successors are elected. Officers may be elected for consecutive terms. Board Members should not miss three or more consecutive Board meetings per year without approval from the Board’s Executive Committee. The time commitment for Board Members is an average of five hours per month. Responsibilities include:
- Sharing the organization’s values and support our leadership, goals and programs.
- Developing financial sustainability for MCHC through the pursuit of individual donations, foundation and other grants, or other fundraising projects.
- Providing connections and outreach to key organizations and individuals for marketing and to enhance our name recognition in the community.
- Participating in monthly Board meetings and at least one bimonthly committee meeting (75% attendance expected).
- Participating in leadership development workshops and events.
- Providing financial planning and oversight, including annual budget development.
- Providing support for and performance assessment of the staff.
- Providing oversight and sustainability of the Board’s function through assessment of performance, as well as recruitment, selection, and training of new board members.
- Participating in strategic planning process, assist in its implementation, and monitor its goals.
- Making at least one personal financial contribution per year of any amount that is meaningful to them, no minimum.
Committee Member Terms. The purpose of the different MCHC committees is as a support for the full Board in handling activities on the Board’s agenda. Committee Member terms are for one year and may be renewed on a yearly basis. The time commitment for Committee Members is an average of three hours per month. Current active committees:
- Development Committee: leads the Board’s participation in resource development and fundraising.
- Governance Committee: oversees Board Member recruitment, Board Member assessments, evaluates Board performance and organizational practices.
- Finance Committee: provides financial analysis, advice, and oversight of the organizations budget.
- Strategic Planning Ad Hoc Committee: Comes together as needed to create and monitor the organization’s three-year strategic plan.
Applicants should review MCHC’s Conflict of Interest Policy when applying. Click here to view MCHC’s Conflict of Interest Policy.